Log in
Register as a Surveyor

Survey Types

Party Wall Survey

Not sure if you need a party wall survey?  The Communities and Local Government produce an explanatory booklet which explains in simple terms how the Party Wall, etc Act 1996 may affect you:


Party Wall, etc Act 1996: Explanatory Booklet


  1. The Party Wall Act: What is it, what does it do and what does it cover?  
  2. Building Owners: Work on existing party walls
  3. Building Owners: New building on the boundary line between neighbouring pieces of land
  4. Building owners: Excavation near neighbouring buildings
  5. Adjoining owners/occupiers
  6. FAQ's
  7. Example Letters
  8. Further information